报告题目：Modern Gel Media for Protein Separation and Purification
报 告 人：Jan-Christer Janson, Ph.D.
Department of Physical and Analytical Chemistry
Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
报告内容：Successful protein separation by column liquid chromatography depends on a combination of the selectivity and efficiency of the column packing materials used. The lecture will discuss different chromatographic separation principles and methods for protein separation with an emphasis of the chemical structure and function of the most frequently used chromatographic base matrices, polystyrene-divinyl benzene (PS-DVB) and agarose. Progress in increasing the protein binding capacity of agarose gels will also be discussed as well as means to bind extracellular proteins secreted by Pichia pastoris and animal cell culture without the necessity of dilution of the cell culture supernatant.
Short CV for Jan-Christer Janson
Jan-Christer Janson is Professor Emeritus at the Department of Physical and Analytical Chemistry, Uppsala Biomedical Center, Uppsala University , Uppsala, Sweden. In the past he was Scientific Director and Principle Scientist at Pharmacia Biotech (now GE Healthcare Bio-Sciences), Uppsala, Sweden. Prof. Janson made achievements in the following areas:
- Development of gel media and columns for protein chromatography.
- Development of purification methods and characterization of enzymes and other proteins from microorganisms, plants and animal sources.
- Development of techniques and methods for in-vitro refolding of proteins from E. coli inclusion bodies.
- Development of techniques and methods for in-vitro transcription and translation in the E. coli system.
- Development of chromatographic media for the separation and purification of active components in traditional Chinese medicine.
Prof. Janson is the author of 114 publications, 3 patents and editor of the book “Protein Purification”, the third edition of which was published by Wiley in March 2011. He is currently Visiting Professor at the following Chinese universities: Tsinghua University, Beijing, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou and Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Beijing. He is also Guest Professor at the Chinese Academy of Sciences.