报告题目: Single-domain (VHH) antibodies against Clostridium difficile toxins and their applications
报 告 人:Dr. Hanping Feng
Department of Microbial Pathogenesis
Department of Microbiology and Immunology
University of Maryland
650 W. Baltimore Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Web URL: http://www.dental.umaryland.edu/dentaldepts/micropath/feng_lab_faculty_bio.html
Dr. Hanping Feng is an Immunologist with strength in the areas of Cell Biology and Infectious Diseases. He is an Associate Professor in both Department of Microbial Pathogenesis and Department of Microbiology and Immunology at the University of Maryland Baltimore. He is holding multiple NIH awards and leading a research team over ten people to study host immune response to Clostridium difficile infection and to design immune-based interventions against these diseases.
Dr. Feng came to the United States in 1999 to start his PhD study. During the last 13-years, he has made the following significant achievements:
1) Established novel theory of immunogenicity of apoptotic tumor cells (4 Blood papers in roll) during the PhD study (Blood is the 1st Journal in Hematology, Impact Factor 10.55)
2) First to identify the INF-beta production in unconventional dendritic cells during the postdoctoral study (Journal of Immunology paper)
3) NIH career development award in 2007
4) Two NIH R01 awards in 2010 (total award > $5.5 million)
5) Distinguished Plenary Awards at DDW congress in 2011 (Gastroenterology 2011)
6) NIH P20 grant Reviewer at Study Section (ZGM1 TWD-A)
7) For the first time generated bioactive recombinant Clostridium difficile holotoxins A and B, which is now distributing >30 labs worldwide
8) For the first time identified toxemia in Clostridium difficile infection
9) Established the first Clostridium difficile infection relapse animal model
10) Developed a novel vaccine against Clostridium difficile infection which is ready to move to clinical trial
11) Identified anti-tumor activity of Clostridium difficile toxins
12) Published > 30 papers in last 10 years, including in Nature Med, Gastroenterology, Blood, JID, JI, IAI etc)
13) Awarded 3 patents (or pending) within last 3 years.
上海交通大学生命科学技术学院 Copyright © 2017 沪交ICP备05029. All Rights Reserved.