1996 年11 月至2011年6 月，华东理工大学 生物反应器工程国家重点实验室，教授
1998 年12 月至2006年7 月，华东理工大学 生物反应器工程国家重点实验室，主任
2006 年9 月至今， 上海交通大学 生命科学技术学院/重点实验室，教授
兼任SCI期刊Process Biochemistry(Elsevier)主编，Biotechnology & Applied Biochemistry(IUBMB&Wiley)主编，Biotechnology & Bioengineering(Wiley)副主编，Bioprocess & Biosystems Engineering(Springer)副主编等9本SCI刊物的编委；美国化工学会生物工程学会 国际顾问委员会委员，亚洲生物技术联合会(Asian Federation of Biotechnology)常务理事等。
Jian-Jiang Zhong (firstname.lastname@example.org) obtained his BS degree in Chemical Engineering from East China University of Science & Technology (ECUST, Shanghai; formerly: East China Institute of Chemical Technology) in July 1986, and Master and Ph.D. degrees in Fermentation Technology/Biotechnology from Osaka University in March 1990 and March 1993, respectively. In April 1993, Dr. Zhong returned to ECUST, and was promoted to full professor in November 1996. He was the Director of State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering (China) at ECUST during 1998-2006 as appointed by the Ministry of Education of China (MOE).
Professor Jian-Jiang Zhong is the founder and head of the Laboratory of Molecular Biochemical Engineering & Advanced Fermenttaion Technology at Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU). He joined SJTU in Sept., 2006, and now is a PI of the State Key Lab. of Microbial Metabolism and the School of Life Sciences & Biotechnology.
Dr. Zhong was awarded the Cheung Kong Scholar Professorship by the Ministry of Education (MOE) in 1999 and the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars by NSFC in 2002. He is on the executive board of Asian Federation of Biotechnology (AFoB) and advisory board of the Society for Biological Engineering (AIChE, USA). He is on the editorial board of 9 SCI journals, including Editor-in-Chief of Process Biochem. (Elsevier) and Biotechnol. & Appl. Biochem. (IUBMB & Wiley), Associate Editor of Biotechnol. & Bioeng. (Wiley) and Bioproc. & Biosyst. Eng. (Springer), etc.
|主要从事生物工程（生物化工、发酵工程）与应用微生物学研究，当前研究方向包括(1)分子生物化工(Molecular Biochemical Engineering)；(2)先进发酵工程技术与系统生物学(Advanced Fermentation Technology & Systems Biology)；(3)生物能源与合成生物学(Bioenergy & Synthetic Biology)；(4)植物细胞培养(Plant cell culture)；(5)生物环境工程与代谢互作(Environmental biotechnology & Metabolic interactions)；(6)生物活性成份分离纯化及作用机理研究(Purification of bioactive compounds & their acting mechanism study)等。
Professor Zhong's major research interest:
Applied biotechnology, Industrial biotechnology;
Biochemical engineering, Molecular biochemical engineering;
Bioprocess engineering, Bioreaction/Bioreactor engineering;
Advanced fermentation technology;
Plant biotechnology & cell culture engineering;
Metabolic engineering, Systems biology & Synthetic biology;
Bioprocess monitoring, modeling, control & optimization;
Heterogeneity engineering of natural bioactive compounds;
Signal transduction engineering;
Purification of bioactive compounds & their acting mechanism study including apoptosis.
1）Platform building for efficient antibiotics expression by microbial systems
Study on validamycin A and ansamitocin fermentation: effects of environmental factors on antibiotics fermentation process at molecular levels of genes and enzymes; improvement of the biosynthetic pathway.
2）Medicinal mushroom fermentation and plant cell cultures for production of useful secondary metabolites
Regulation of biosynthetic processes of antitumor ganoderic acids and ginsenosides.
3）Bioenergy and environmental biotechnology
Low-cost efficient production of ethanol and other chemicals using lignocellulosic hydrolysates; cooperation with Prof. YHP Zhang on production of biohydrogen by synthetic biology; role of quorum sensor in biodegradation of toxic aromatics.
|1. Yi-Ning Xu, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Impacts of calcium signal transduction on the fermentation production of antitumor ganoderic acids by medicinal mushroom Ganoderma lucidum. Biotechnology Advances (in press), 2011 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.biotechadv.2011.10.001
2. Jia-Le Wang, Tingyue Gu, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Enhanced recovery of antitumor ganoderic acid T from Ganoderma lucidum mycelia by novel chemical conversion strategy. Biotechnology & Bioengineering 109(3), 754–762, 2012.
3. Md. Abdullahil Baque, Sang-Hyun Moh, Eun-Jung Lee, Jian-Jiang Zhong, Kee-Yoeup Paek. Production of biomass and useful compounds from adventitious roots of high-value added medicinal plants using bioreactor. Biotechnology Advances (in press), 2011 doi:10.1016/j.biotechadv.2011.11.004
4. Yi-Heng Percival Zhang, Jian-He Xu, Jian-Jiang Zhong. A new high-energy density hydrogen carrier—carbohydrate—might be better than methanol. Int. J. Energy Res. (2012) DOI: 10.1002/er.2897
5. Jian-Hui Xiao, Dai-Min Xiao, Dai-Xiong Chen, Yu Xiao, Zong-Qi Liang, and Jian-Jiang Zhong. Polysaccharides fromtheMedicinalMushroomCordyceps taii Show Antioxidant and Immunoenhancing Activities in a D-Galactose-Induced Aging Mouse Model. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, doi:10.1155/2012/273435, 2012
6. Yingbo Li, Jiale Wang, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Recovery of ganoderic acids from Ganoderma lucidum mycelia by macroporous adsorption resins. Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering, accepted, 2012
7. Ru-Ming Liu, Ying-Bo Li, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Cytotoxic and pro-apoptotic effects of novel ganoderic acid derivatives on human cervical cancer cells in vitro. European Journal of Pharmacology 681: 23-33, 2012.
8. Ru-Ming Liu, Ying-Bo Li, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Anti-Proliferation and Induced Mitochondria-Mediated Apoptosis of Ganoderic Acid Mk From Ganoderma lucidum Mycelia in Cervical Cancer HeLa Cells. Latin American Journal of Pharmacy 31(1): 43-50, 2012.
9. Wei Z.H., Bai, L.Q., Deng Z.X., Zhong J.J. Impact of nitrogen concentration on validamycin A production and related gene transcription in fermentation of Streptomyces hygroscopicus 5008. Bioprocess and Biosystems Engineering, DOI 10.1007/s00449-012-0707-3, 2012.
10. Wei Z.H., Wu H., Bai, L.Q., Deng Z.X., Zhong J.J. Temperature shift-induced reactive oxygen species enhanced validamycin A production in fermentation of Streptomyces hygroscopicus 5008. Bioprocess and Biosystems Engineering, DOI 10.1007/s00449-012-0718-0, 2012.
11. Song-Yan Huang, Y.-H. Percival Zhang, Jian-Jiang Zhong. A thermostable recombinant transaldolase with high activity over a broad pH range. Applied Microbiology & Biotechnology 93: 2403–2410, 2012.
12. Jun-Wei Xu, Wei Zhao, Yi-Ning Xu, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Isolation and analysis of differentially expressed genes during asexual sporulation in liquid static culture of Ganoderma lucidum by suppression subtractive hybridization. Molecular Biology Reports, 39: 3603-3610, 2012.
13. Fan, D.D., Wang, W., Zhong, J.J. Enhancement of cordycepin production in submerged cultures of Cordyceps militaris by addition of ferrous sulfate. Biochemical Engineering Journal (DOI:10.1016/j.bej.2011.09.014), 2011.
14. Xin Zhou, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Quantitative influence of endogenous salicylic acid level on taxuyunnanine C biosynthesis in suspension cultures of Taxus chinensis. Biotechnology and Bioengineering 108(1): 216-221, 2011.
15. L Zhou, P Shi, NH Chen, JJ Zhong. Ganoderic acid Me induces apoptosis through mitochondria dysfunctions in human colon carcinoma cells. Process Biochemistry 46: 219–225, 2011.
16. Ru-Ming Liu, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Ganoderic acid Mf and S induced mitochondria mediated apoptosis in human cervical carcinoma HeLa cells. Phytomedicine 18: 349–355, 2011.
17. Zhen-hua Wei, Linquan Bai, Zixin Deng, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Enhanced production of validamycin A by H2O2-induced reactive oxygen species in fermentation of Streptomyces hygroscopicus 5008. Bioresource Technology, 102: 1783–1787, 2011.
18. Jinxia Lin, Linquan Bai, Zixin Deng, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Enhanced production of ansamitocin P-3 by addition of isobutanol in fermentation of Actinosynnema pretiosum. Bioresource Technology, 102: 1863–1868, 2011.
19. Ya-Jie Tang, Wei Zhang, Rui-Sang Liu, Li-Wen Zhu, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Scale-up study on the fed-batch fermentation of Ganoderma lucidum for the hyperproduction of ganoderic acid and ganoderma polysaccharides. Process Biochemistry, 46: 404–408, 2011.
20. Jia-Le Wang, Ying-Bo Li, Han-Lin Qin, and Jian-Jiang Zhong. Kinetic study of 7-O-ethyl ganoderic acid O stability and its importance in the preparative isolation. Biochemical Engineering Journal, 53: 182–186, 2011.
21. Dahai Tang, Wei Han, Penglin Li, Xiaoling Miao, Jian-Jiang Zhong. CO2 biofixation and fatty acid composition of Scenedesmus obliquus and Chlorella pyrenoidosa in response to different CO2 levels. Bioresource Technology, 102: 3071–3076, 2011.
22. Xin Zhou, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Intracellular salicylic acid is involved in signal cascade regulating low ammonium induced taxoid biosynthesis in suspension cultures of Taxus chinensis. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 90 (3): 1027-1036, 2011.
23. Hong-Wei Dong, Jie Bao, Dewey D. Y. Ryu, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Design and construction of improved new vectors for Zymomonas mobilis recombinants. Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 108: 1616–1627, 2011.
24. Jun-Wei Xu, Wei Zhao, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Isolation and characterization of a novel Ganoderma lucidum gene that differentially expressed between shaking culture and liquid static culture. Genes & Genomics, 33(6): 645-651, 2011.
25. Wei Zhao, Jun-Wei Xu, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Enhanced Production of Ganoderic Acids in Static Liquid Culture of Ganoderma lucidum under Nitrogen-Limitating Conditions. Bioresource Technology 102: 8185–8190, 2011.
26. Xiao-Ying Wang, Yu-Quan Xu, Shuang-Jun Lin, Zhen-Zhen Liu, and Jian-Jiang Zhong. Novel Antiphytopathogenic Compound 2-Heptyl-5-Hexylfuran-3-Carboxylic Acid, Produced by Newly Isolated Pseudomonas sp. Strain SJT25. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 77: 6253-6257, 2011.
27. Yan Xu, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Significance of oxygen supply in production of a novel antibiotic by Pseudomonas sp. SJT25. Bioresource Technology 102: 9167-9174, 2011.
28. Zhongxin Zhou, Anna Zheng, and Jianjiang Zhong. Interactions of biocidal guanidine hydrochloride polymer analogs with model membranes: a comparative biophysical study. Acta Biochimica et Biophysica Sinica, 43: 729–737, 2011.
29. Zijing Jiang, Tiantian Jin, Feng Gao, Jianwen Liu, Jianjiang Zhong, Heng Zhao. Effects of Ganoderic acid Me on inhibiting multidrug resistance and inducing apoptosis in multidrug resistant colon cancer cells. Process Biochemistry 46: 1307–1314, 2011.
30. Nian-Hong Chen, Jian-Jiang Zhong. p53 is important for the anti-invasion of ganoderic acid T in human carcinoma cells. Phytomedicine 18: 719–725, 2011.
31. Yang-Chun Yong, Yang-Yang Yu, Chang-Ming Li, Jian-Jiang Zhong, Hao Song. Bioelectricity enhancement via overexpression of quorum sensing system in Pseudomonas aeruginosa-inoculated microbial fuel cells. Biosensors and Bioelectronics 30: 87–92, 2011.
32. Yongliang Jia, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Enhanced production of ansamitocin P-3 by addition of Mg2+ in fermentation of Actinosynnema pretiosum. Bioresource Technology 102: 10147–10150, 2011.
33. Zhongxin Zhou, Dafu Wei, Yong Guan, Anna Zheng, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Extensive in vitro activity of guanidine hydrochloride polymer analogs against antibiotics-resistant clinically isolated strains. Materials Science and Engineering C 31: 1836–1843, 2011.
34. Nian-Hong Chen, Jianwen Liu, Jianjiang Zhong. Effect of ganoderic acid T on anti-invasion in vitro and anti-metastasis in vivo. Pharmacological Reports 62: 150-163, 2010.
35. Cui-Xia Liang, Ying-Bo Li, Jun-Wei Xu, Jia-Le Wang, Xiao-Ling Miao, Ya-Jie Tang, Tingyue Gu, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Enhanced Biosynthetic Gene Expressions and Production of Ganoderic Acids in Static Liquid Culture of Ganoderma lucidum. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology 86: 1367-1374, 2010.
36. Jinxia Lin, Linquan Bai, Zixin Deng, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Effect of ammonium in medium on ansamitocin P-3 production by Actinosynnema pretiosum. Biotechnology & Bioprocess Engineering 15: 119-125, 2010.
37. Jian-Hui Xiao, Dai-Min Xiao, Zhong-Hua Sun, Qing Xiong, Zong-Qi Liang, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Nutritional requirements for the hyperproduction of bioactive exopolysaccharides by submerged fermentation of the edible medicinal fungus Cordyceps taii. Biochemical Engineering Journal 49: 241–249, 2010.
38. Dan-Dan Zhai, Hui-Zi Jin, Jian-Jiang Zhong. A new sesquiterpene from hairy root culture of Artemisia annua. Chinese Chemical Letters 21: 590-592, 2010.
39. Ya-Jie Tang, Xiao-Ling Xu, Jian-Jiang Zhong. A novel biotransformation process of 40-demethylepipodophyllotoxin to 40-demethylepipodophyllic acid by Bacillus fusiformis CICC 20463, Part II: process optimization. Bioprocess Biosyst Eng 33:237-246, 2010.
40. Dan-Dan Zhai, Kanyaratt Supaibulwatana, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Inhibition of tumor cell proliferation and induction of apoptosis in human lung carcinoma 95-D cells by a new sesquiterpene from hairy root cultures of Artemisia annua. Phytomedicine 17: 856–86, 2010.
41. Dan-Dan Zhai, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Simultaneous analysis of three bioactive compounds in Artemisia annua hairy root cultures by reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatography-diode array detector. Phytochemical Analysis 21: 524-530, 2010.
42. Dan-Dan Zhai, Kanyaratt Supaibulwatana, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Inhibition of tumor cell proliferation and induction of apoptosis in human lung carcinoma 95-D cells by drimatol A from hairy root cultures of Artemisia annua. Latin American Journal of Pharmacy 29 (7): 1159-65, 2010.
43. Jun-Wei Xu, Wei Zhao and Jian-Jiang Zhong. Biotechnological production and application of ganoderic acids. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology 87(2): 457-466, 2010.
44. Yang-Chun Yong and Jian-Jiang Zhong. Recent advances in biodegradation in China: new microorganisms and pathways, biodegradation engineering, and bioenergy from pollutant biodegradation. Process Biochemistry 45(12): 1937-1943, 2010.
45. Yang-Chun Yong and Jian-Jiang Zhong. N-Acylated homoserine lactone production and involvement in the biodegradation of romatics by an environmental isolate of Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Process Biochemistry 45(12): 1944–1948, 2010.
46. Ke Xu, Xin Liang, Feng Gao, Jianjiang Zhong, Jianwen Liu. Antimetastatic effect of ganoderic acid T in vitro through inhibition of cancer cell invasion. Process Biochemistry 45: 1261–1267, 2010.
47. Jia-Le Wang, Ying-Bo Li, Ru-Ming Liu, and Jian-Jiang Zhong. A new ganoderic acid, 7-O-ethyl ganoderic acid O from Ganoderma lucidum mycelia. Journal of Asian Natural Products Research, 12(8): 727–730, 2010.
48. Y-H Percival Zhang, Jibin Sun, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Biofuels production by synthetic biology approach: in vitro biotransformation via synthetic enzymatic pathway biotransformation. Current Opinion in Biotechnology, 21: 663–669, 2010.
49. Jian-Jiang Zhong. Recent advances in bioreactor engineering. Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering 27 (4): 1035-1041, 2010.
50. CJ Liu, HW Dong, JJ Zhong, DDY Ryu, J Bao. Sorbitol production using recombinant Zymomonas mobilis strain. Journal of Biotechnology 148 (2-3): 105-112, 2010.
51. Na Ding, Qing Yang, Sha-Sheng Huang, Liu-Yin Fan, Wei Zhang, Jian-Jiang Zhong, Cheng-Xi Cao. Separation and determination of four ganoderic acids from dried fermentation mycelia powder of Ganoderma lucidum by capillary zone electrophoresis. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 53(5): 1224-1230, 2010.
52. Wen-Wen Zhou, Yun-Long He, Tian-Gui Niu, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Optimization of fermentation conditions for production of anti-TMV extracellular ribonuclease by Bacillus cereus using response surface methodology. Bioprocess and Biosystems Engineering 33: 657–663, 2010.
53. Yang-Chun Yong and Jian-Jiang Zhong. A Genetically Engineered Whole-Cell Pigment-Based Bacterial Biosensing System for Quantification of N-Butyryl Homoserine-Lactone Quorum-Sensing Signal. Biosensors & Bioelectronics 25: 41-47, 2009.
54. Jun-Wei Xu, Yi-Ning Xu, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Production of Individual Ganoderic Acids and Expression of Biosynthetic Genes in Liquid Static and Shaking Cultures of Ganoderma lucidum. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology 85:941–948, 2010.
55. Wen-Xian Zhang, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Effect of Oxygen Concentration in Gas Phase on Sporulation and Individual Ganoderic Acids Accumulation in Liquid Static Culture of Ganoderma lucidum. Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering 109: 37-40, 2010.
56. Z.X. Zhou, D.F. Wei, Y. Guan, A.N. Zheng, J.J. Zhong. Damage of Escherichia coli membrane by bactericidal agent polyhexamethylene guanidine hydrochloride: micrographic evidences. Journal of Applied Microbiology 108: 898–907, 2010.
57. Yun-zhi Zou, Kai Qi, Xiang Chen, Xiao-ling Miao, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Favorable effect of very low initial KLa value on xylitol production from xylose by a self-isolated strain of Pichia guilliermondii. J. Biosci. Bioeng. 109: 149-152, 2010.
58. Wen-Xian Zhang, Ya-Jie Tang, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Impact of Oxygen Level in Gaseous Phase on Gene Transcription and Ganoderic Acid Biosynthesis in Liquid Static Cultures of Ganoderma lucidum. Bioprocess & Biosystems Engineering 33: 683–690, 2010.
59. YJ Tang, W Zhang, JJ Zhong. Performance analyses of a pH-shift and DOT-shift integrated fed-batch fermentation process for the production of ganoderic acid and Ganoderma polysaccharides by medicinal mushroom Ganoderma lucidum. Bioresource Technology 100: 1852–1859, 2009.
60. JJ Zhong, JH Xiao. Secondary Metabolites from Higher Fungi: Discovery, Bioactivity, and Bioproduction. Advances in Biochemical Engineering / Biotechnology 113: 79-150, 2009.
61. KY Paek, HN Murthy, EJ Hahn, JJ Zhong. Large Scale Culture of Ginseng Adventitious Roots for Production of Ginsenosides. Advances in Biochemical Engineering / Biotechnology 113: 151-176, 2009.
62. L Sun, WQ Chen, ZX Deng, JJ Zhong. Microbiological assay for quantitative determination of polyoxin B. Process Biochemistry 44: 361-364, 2009.
63. X Zhou, JJ Zhong. Effect of initial ammonium concentration on taxoid production and biosynthesis genes expression profile in suspension cultures of Taxus chinensis cells. Engineering in Life Science 9(3): 261-266, 2009.
64. Qiao-Ning Liu, Rui-Sang Liu, Yi-Hua Wang, Zhi-Yuan Mi, Dong-Sheng Li, Jian-Jiang Zhong, Ya-Jie Tang. Fed-batch fermentation of Tuber melanosporum for the hyperproduction of mycelia and bioactive Tuber polysaccharides. Bioresource Technology 100: 3644-3649, 2009.
65. Ya-Jie Tang, Yan Li, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Novel biotransformation process of podophyllotoxin to produce podophyllic acid and picropodophyllotoxin by Pseudomonas aeruginosa CCTCC AB93066, Part I: Process Development. Bioprocess and Biosystems Engineering 32: 663–671, 2009.
66. Ya-Jie Tang, Xiao-Ling Xu, Jian-Jiang Zhong. A novel biotransformation process of 4'-demethylepipodophyllotoxin to 4'-demethylepipodophyllic acid by Bacillus fusiformis CICC 20463. Process Biochemistry 44: 572–577, 2009.
67. Nian-Hong Chen, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Ganoderic acid Me induces G1 arrest in wild-type p53 human tumor cells while G1/S transition arrest in p53-null cells. Process Biochemistry 44: 928–933, 2009.
68. Yueqiao Liao, Zhen-Hua Wei, Linquan Bai, Zixin Deng, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Effect of Fermentation Temperature on Validamycin A Production by Streptomyces hygroscopicus 5008. Journal of Biotechnology 142: 271-274, 2009.
69. Ya-Jie Tang, Guan Wang, Yuan-Yuan Li, Jian-Jiang Zhong. Fermentation condition outweighed truffle species in affecting volatile organic compounds analyzed by chromatographic fingerprint system. Analytica Chimica Acta 647(1): 40-45, 2009.
70. Jian-Hui Xiao, Dai-Min Xiao, Zhong-Hua Sun, Qing Xiong, Zong-Qi Liang and Jian-Jiang Zhong. Chemical compositions and antimicrobial property of three edible and medicinal Cordyceps species. Journal of Food, Agriculture & Environment 7 (3&4): 91-100, 2009.
71. Jian-Hui Xiao, Dai-Min Xiao, Qing Xiong, Zong-Qi Liang and Jian-Jiang Zhong. Optimum extraction and high-throughput detection of cordycepic acid from medicinal macrofungi Cordyceps jiangxiensis, Cordyceps taii and Cordyceps gunnii. Journal of Food, Agriculture & Environment 7 (3&4): 328-333, 2009.
72. CJ Yue, JJ Zhong. Manipulation of ginsenoside heterogeneity of Panax notoginseng cells in flask and bioreactor cultivations with addition of phenobarbital. Bioprocess and Biosystems Engineering 31(2):95-100, 2008.
73. JY Xia, SJ Wang, SL Zhang, JJ Zhong. Computational investigation of fluid dynamics in a recently developed centrifugal impeller bioreactor. Biochemical Engineering Journal 38(3): 406-413, 2008.
74. FX Hu, JJ Zhong. Jasmonic acid mediates gene transcription of ginsenoside biosynthesis in cell cultures of Panax notoginseng treated with chemically synthesized 2-hydroxyethyl jasmonate. Process Biochemistry 43(1): 113-118, 2008.
75. CJ Yue, X Zhou, JJ Zhong. Protopanaxadiol 6-hydroxylase and its role in regulating the ginsenoside heterogeneity in Panax notoginseng cells. Biotechnology and Bioengineering 100(5): 933-940, 2008.
76. JH Xiao, JJ Zhong. Inhibitory effect of polysaccharides produced by medicinal macrofungus Cordyceps jiangxiensis on cancer cells via apoptotic pathway and cell cycle arrest. Journal of Food, Agriculture & Environment 6(2): 61-67, 2008.
77. NH Chen, JW Liu, JJ Zhong. Ganoderic acid Me inhibits tumor invasion through down-regulating matrix metalloproteinases 2/9 gene expression. Journal of Pharmacological Sciences 108: 212-216, 2008.
78. LW Zhu, JJ Zhong, YJ Tang. Significance of fungal elicitors on the production of ganoderic acid and Ganoderma polysaccharides by the submerged culture of medicinal mushroom Ganoderma lucidum. Process Biochemistry 43: 1359-1370, 2008.
发表SCI论文180篇，国际编著4本，国际专著章节11个；被他人引用2000多篇次。在APBioChEC系列会议, YABEC系列会议, APCRE 2005, IBS2008, Pacifichem2010, IUMS2011等有影响的国际会议做大会主题和特邀报告50次。获多个国际国内学术奖项，包括日本生物工学会授予的Young Asian Biotechnologist Prize(2002年)，2004年度教育部科学技术进步奖(自然科学)一等奖(第1完成人)，2009年韩国生物技术与生物工程(KSBB)Research Exchange Award等。负责或参与973课题(2012CB721006)，国家自然科学基金项目(21176153)，上海市科委项目(9415801900)，“973”计划子课题，国家自然基金创新群体子课题，“863”计划课题等。
Prof. Zhong has published 180 Science Citation Index(SCI)-cited papers in addition to 4 books and 11 book chapters internationally. His papers have been cited for >2000 times. He was a plenary/keynote and invited speaker in 50 international conferences. He received a couple of international and domestic awards.
Cheung Kong Scholar Professorship from the MOE(Ministry of Education) (1999);
National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars by National Natural Science Foundation of China in 2002;
Inaugural award of "Young Asian Biotechnologist Prize" by the Society for Biotechnol (Japan) in 2002;
The 1st-class Prize for Advancement of Science & Technology, MOE in 2004;
The “Research Exchange Award” from KSBB (Korean Soc for Biotech Bioeng) in 2009
The 2nd-class Prize for Basic Research, Shanghai Municipality in 2010
973 National High-Tech project, Efficient manufacturing of new-structure metabolites, 2012.1-2016.12;
NSFC (National Natural Science Foundation of China) project, Combination of synthetic biology and reactor technology for biological hydrogen production, 2012.1-2015.12;
Shanghai Municipal Science & Technology project, Isolation, purification and acting mechanism study on antitumor metabolites of Cordyceps, 2009.8-2012.7;
973 National High-Tech project, Biosynthesis and improvement of Pseudomonas pesticides, 2009.1-2013.12;
NSFC project, Regulation of biodegradation processes by quorum sensor and its mechanism study, 2009.1-2011.12.